Don’t ignore issues with your dryer!
A poorly functioning dryer vent means that it takes far longer for your clothes to get dry, costing you much more in both time and power bills.
Common issues with dryers that might require repair
- Broken or missing vent outlet covers (which allows insects and animals the opportunity to make your vent their home)
- Vent tubes joined with screws (screws protruding into your vent cause lint build-up)
- Old and outdated materials, such as foil or plastic
- A crushed or dented vent tube that obstructs airflow
- Insufficient airflow due to a long vent tube (35 ft or longer) not having a booster fan to help expel hot moist air
- Your clothing and the outside of the dryer are unusually hot to the touch, indicating the vent is not exhausting properly
Warning signs your dryer needs repair
Don’t ignore the warning signs of a faulty dryer vent! Not only can a clogged dryer vent be a fire hazard, but the blockage means that poisonous gas fumes may also leak out of your dryer when in use.
- Lint and debris build-up (evidence of a broken dryer vent tube)
- Mold growth or mildew on wall areas near the vent tube
- Heat or moisture are escaping the dryer vent system (evidence of broken or disjointed vent tubes)
- Clothes are taking too long to dry (could be the result of a crushed or obstructed vent tube)
- You see movement in your dryer vent tube (indicating broken or detach vent brace)
Are you seeing these warning signs, or experiencing another issue, not on this list? We can help; give Westchester Gutter Cleaning a call at (914)-720-4600 for a free estimate!
Dryer Vent Repair and Installation Services
When a dryer cleaning is not enough to fix the problem, sometimes a repair or installation might be necessary. Dryer vent repair is a complicated project, and depending on the situation, can include multiple repairs:
- Replacing foil or vinyl vents with rigid metal venting materials
- Re-taping joints with foil tape
- Replacing missing hangers
- Updating vents to meet code compliance
- Repairing breaks in the line
- Removing screws to eliminate lint build-up
- New dryer vent layout design
- Installation of exterior hood, dryer vent outlet caps, and louvered hoods
- Rerouting of dryer vents
- Dryer vent booster fan installation
During these repairs, your safety is our number one priority. Our dryer vent repair services only utilize materials and tools that comply with the recommendations and requirements set forth by one or more of the following: current International Residential Code (IRC), the National Fire Protection Association, Underwriters Laboratory, Consumer Product Safety Commission, dryer manufacturers, and/or the International Mechanical Code (IMC).
Call (914)-720-4600 for a free estimation
Westchester Gutter Cleaning has served the Westchester and Putnam NY area for nearly 20 years. Our professional dryer vent installation and repair services have earned us 5-star reviews from our clients, and we are so grateful for their online support. We are confident that you will receive a 5-star experience with us as well; give us a call today to get started!